The Library is a space that is welcoming, inclusive and conducive to study. Our food and drink policy maintains an environment for the comfort of users and the cleanliness of the library collection, equipment and the building.
Food and drink is generally welcome in the main library except for Special Collections where no food or drink is allowed.
Please bin your rubbish, keep your space clean and leave it as it was found for the next user. Any spills should be reported to the library desk.
Food and drink that can be brought into the library
- Drinks in covered containers that will prevent spillage when they are carried.
- For example water and other drinks in containers with screw lids, coffee in cups with lids or cans of soft drink.
- Snack foods such as crisps, chocolates and biscuits, sandwiches and cakes and other bakery goods are acceptable.
Food and drink that cannot be brought into the library
- Drinks in open containers, for example open cups of coffee.
- Alcohol in any form.
- Hot messy food such as chips, pizza, noodles etc.
- Greasy or sticky food