1. Gateway of learning plans and activities
The top tier consists of a repository of resources that teaching staff can use to plan how to teach information literacy within their topic.
These resources include:
- Learning plans for achieving learning outcomes throughout a semester.
- Lesson plans for lectures, workshops, discussion boards, etc.
- Activity worksheets and teaching notes.
- Examples of information literacy assessment pieces.
Teaching staff can also draw from resources available via the Information Literacy Gateway for students.
2. Group sessions on embedding information literacy
The second tier consists of group training for teaching staff on principles and practices on embedding information literacy into topics or courses.
This may include:
- Threshold concepts in information literacy.
- Matching information literacy concepts to assessment pieces.
- Use of active learning in teaching information literacy.
Sessions will be available via iEnrol or as arranged by Colleges.
3. Resources and guidance for teaching staff
The third tier consists of support and advice for teaching staff on how to best integrate information literacy concepts and training into their topics or courses.
This can include:
- Advice on scaffolding information literacy skills throughout a topic or program.
- Advice on which of the above resources and/or learning experiences and activities would best meet learning outcomes of the topic or individual assessment pieces.
- Developing learning or lesson plans for teaching information literacy, using the above resources.
- Support for teaching staff to lead information literacy sessions (train the trainer).
- Advice and ideas for assessing information literacy skills.
- Advice on developing learning outcomes around information literacy, for a topic or across a program.
New resources and activities can be developed where our current offerings are not suitable for purpose, however this would require a lead time of approximately 4 weeks. Where possible, resources will be created in a manner to support multiple purposes, to ensure greater reach and sustainability.